The web page for Statistics 604 is the same one that I use for Statistics 603,
located here .
The only difference is that in Stat 604 we basically skip 5 of the lectures,
covering the material from Stat 603 roughly as follows:
See the material on my Stat 603 web page
for further details of what is covered in these classes.
- Wednesday, August 8: Classes 1-3, with emphasis on the empirical rule,
normality, and the use of quantile plots.
- Friday, August 10: Class 4. Standard error.
- Monday, August 13: Class 5. Decision making.
- Thursday, August 16: Classes 6-7. Confidence intervals and tests.
- Monday,August 20: Classes 8-9. Volatility and portfolios, omitting
the in-class experiment.
- Thursday, August 10: Class 10. Beta.