Tony Cai's Biosketch
A more detailed version is available here.
Education: Ph.D. in Mathematics, Cornell University, 1996.
- Dorothy Silberberg Professor of Statistics, The Wharton School.
- Professor, Applied Math. & Computational Science Graduate Group.
- Associate Scholar, Dept. of Biostatistics & Epidemiology, School of Medicine.
- Editor, The Annals of Statistics, 2010-2012
- Associate Editor, The Annals of Statistics, 2004-2009
- Associate Editor, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 2005-2010
- Associate Editor, Statistica Sinica, 2005-2011
- Associate Editor, Statistics Surveys, 2006-2009
- Editorial Board, Frontiers of Statistics book series, 2009-present
- Guest Editor, Statistica Sinica Special Issue on Multiscale Methods
- Guest Editor, J. Nonparametric Statistics Special Issue for the Inaugural IMS-China International Conference
Honors & Awards:
- Medallion Lecturer, Institute of Mathematical Statistics, 2009
- The 2008 COPSS Presidents' Award, Committee of Presidents of Statistical Societies, for outstanding contributions to statistics.
- Fellow, Institute of Mathematical Statistics, 2006
- NSF Focused Research Group Grant DMS-0854973, 2009-2012.
Statistical inference for high-dimensional data: Theory, methodology and applications
- NSF grant DMS-0604954, 2006-2009.
Theory and methodology for sparse inference
- NSF grant DMS-0306576, 2003-2006.
An adaptation theory for nonparametric function estimation.
- NSF grant DMS-0072578, 2000-2003.
Block thresholding methods for adaptive wavelet function estimation: Theory and applications.
Professional Society Membership:
Research Interests: High dimensional inference, large-scale multiple testing, nonparametric function estimation, functional data analysis, inference for discrete distributions, and statistical decision theory. I am also interested in applications to compressed sensing, chemical identification, medical imaging and genetics.
- Institute of Mathematical Statistics
- American Statistical Association
- International Chinese Statistical Association
Publications: Papers can be downloaded here.