- Ph.D., Cornell University, 1996.
- Daniel H. Silberberg Professor, Professor of Statistics, The Wharton School.
- Professor, Applied Math. & Computational Science Graduate Group.
- Associate Scholar, Dept. of Biostatistics, Epidemiology, & Bioinformatics, Perelman School of Medicine.
- Vice Dean for China Initiatives, The Wharton School
- Editor, The Annals of Statistics, 2010-2012
- Associate Editor, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B, 2014-2018
- Associate Editor, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 2005-2010
- Associate Editor, The Annals of Statistics, 2004-2009
- Associate Editor, Statistica Sinica, 2005-2011
- Associate Editor, Statistics Surveys, 2006-2009
- Editorial Board, Frontiers of Statistics book series, 2009-present
- Guest Editor, Statistica Sinica Special Issue on Multiscale Methods
- Guest Editor, Journal of Nonparametric Statistics
Special Issue for the Inaugural IMS-China International Conference
Honors & Awards:
- President, the International Chinese Statistical Association, 2017
- Hermann Otto Hirschfeld Lectures, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, October 2012
- Forum Lecture, 28th European Meeting of Statisticians, Piraeus, Greece, August 2010
- Medallion Lecturer, Institute of Mathematical Statistics, 2009
- The COPSS Presidents' Award,
Committee of Presidents of Statistical Societies, 2008
- Fellow, Institute of Mathematical Statistics, 2006
- High-dimensional statistics
- Statistical machine learning
- Large-scale inference
- Functional data analysis
- Statistical decision theory
- Nonparametric function estimation
- Applications to genomics, chemical identification, and medical imaging
Publications: Papers can be downloaded here.
Professional Society Membership:
- Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- American Statistical Association (ASA)
- International Chinese Statistical Association (ICSA)
Back to Tony Cai's Homepage